Friday, July 8, 2011

Another Christmas Card

Hello my blogging friends. So glad you dropped in again. I know I haven't been posting regularly for awhile but I am trying to get back into the groove now.

I have mentioned before that my group likes to make one Christmas card each week so I am posting them here too. I know it seems a bit early BUT just think...... I will be all ready by the time the winter gets here and won't have to rush with my cards. Ok now on to my card......

I love background stamps and have used a plain stripe on this one but just stamped it going two ways to make the plaid. I used Mellow Moss ink for this one so it would match the card base then added a splash of Real Red to perk it up. I also embossed the Real Red using the Lattice folder from Stamping Up.

The stamp set is an old SU set called Festive Favorites. The trees were coloured by pressing some of the Mellow Moss ink onto a small acrylic block then I used the blender pen to picked up the ink and paint  the trees.....this way you get the exact same colour as the card base again.

I hope you like this one and don't mind a few postings with Christmas cards during this hot weather.

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to leave comment. I really appreciate it and look forward to them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...