Monday, February 18, 2013

A simple layout

Good morning to all of you that have popped in for a peek.

Today, as promised, I am showing you another card that I did for a challenge between a group of very dear friends at home. It helps to keep me connected with them while I am away.

We each take turns finding or creating a layout for us to make a card from, then we see how many different cards we can make using this layout.

Last weeks layout was a quick and easy one and fun to work with. I don't know where Karen got it from, it could have been her own design or something she had seen out there on the web. It was 3 squares across the bottom with a strip just above these and then a circle or square at the top.

This is the second card I came up with. You can see the first card by clicking here.



For this card I used a white card base then embossed a mat of Pacific Point from Stampin Up using their tulip folder. Instead of a ribbon or plain strip of card stock I punched a pretty decorative edge of white. The 3 squares across the bottom are from an old discontinued package of Stampin Up that matched the Pacific Point colour very well.



I love the verse on this one. I happened to pick it up at a garage sale down here this winter.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and come back soon for a visit.

Carolyn


9 comments:

  1. Lovely card and sentiment. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, thanks for stoping bye and taking the time to leave a comment.

      Delete
  2. How lovely, Carolyn! I especially love the MS punch, and the gorgeous saying - everything is perfectly color coordinated. A beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna. Your comments have always been so thoughtful.

      Delete
  3. Hi Carolyn, thanks for popping over and commenting on my blog, nice to see you after such a long gap. Your card is delightful, love the layout and fab sentiment.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandy
      Thanks for your lovely comment and yes it has been way too long since my last post. It's nice to be back among friends again.

      Delete
  4. Great card design , with pretty papers and embossing as well as a sweet sentiment .
    Hope Mojo stays with you ..
    hugs Shirley-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable sentiment, Carolyn and what a pretty layout. Love the papers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to leave comment. I really appreciate it and look forward to them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...