Monday, July 8, 2013

Using a different shape

Hi again my fellow bloggers.....it has been awhile since I have been able to spend time on my blog and I do apologize for that but I have been babysitting family children ages 4 and up since I arrived back home and I am sure you know how they make the day pass quickly.

Now what got me back to posting is due to a sale that I went to this weekend where I bought a set that I had wanted to buy before but thought it was too limited as it was a heart shape. The set I am talking about is SU's Take It To Heart.

I sat and looked at it today and decided to try to stamp it with out the heart line around the edge of it.....I know you can put masking tape on but I was in a hurry so I inked it up then just took a damp kleenex and swiped the ink off the line and stamped. I didn't get as clean an image as I wanted but I was sure I would be able to do something with it sooooo I placed my oval die on and moved it around until I was please with what I could get from the stamped image.

I had not cleaned the heart line off enough so I stamped a little butterfly over and poof..... the heart line disappeared and I think that little guy even added to the image. LOL

OK so here is the card I came up with. I think it could have used some embossing on the white......let me know what YOU think....... I love reading your comments.

Carolyn


                                                             CLICK TO ENLARGE

Stamp set - SU Take It To Heart
Card stock and designer paper - Bashful Blue
Small tag - SU's Lots of Tag die

10 comments:

  1. Great to see you back posting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely soft card, Carolyn - such a pretty bird - good to see you back on line! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and it is good to see you posting.....Lis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to leave comment. I really appreciate it and look forward to them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...