Thursday, February 21, 2013

My Red Card

Hello and thank you......to all of you that have dropped in for a peek into my stamping room..... I love to know when you have come for a visit so please leave me a comment if you can.

Why don't you click on the "join this site" button so you will always know what I am up to.

Now, todays card is one that I am going to use to start back into the challenges. One challenge wants us to use something at least 6 months old soooo I used my poppy background stamp from Stampin Up and my dies must be a few years old and my background stamp is 2 years old......boy I think this card has everything old except the verse which is only a couple of months old.

 
The layout for this card is one that was provided by a friend of mine at home for our own friendly challenge.
I used Real Red, Basic Black and white card stock. I don't have many embellishments down here with me sooo I used a punch to make the little dots in the upper left corner instead of buttons. 

Thanks again for peeking in and I hope you like my little creation and will come back soon.

I am entering this card into these challenges:
Oldiebutgoodie
Makeitmonday
Alota Rubber Stamps
Stamp n Doodle
Crafting by Designs

17 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful creation! I love poppies, and nearly always create with them in red. Thank you for sharing with us at the Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, this is beautiful! Welcome back to blogland. You've sure made a lovely splash with your re-entry. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do so love poppies, & that's a great stamp. A lovely card indeed to share with us in our Bright colours challenge over at an OBAG. Good luck, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have showcased the stamp very nicely! I think I need to get that one! Your card is beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Carolyn, gorgeous stamps and sentiment. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a stunning card so pretty and elegant i love it
    thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Carolyn! I love that image and your beautiful color combo! Popped over from MIM!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Saw you on MIM.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply stunning card with the colors, image, layout and sentiment. Sure glad you broke out your old and gave us this fabulous creation too see. So happy you shared this on MIM and I got a chance to take a closer peek. Great master piece.

    Tamie
    #199

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card, Carolyn! I see we have entered some of the same challenges! LOL I wish you all the best - my favorite thing is to be awarded "recognition" LOL Love the deep vibrant shade of red with the classic black and white - gorgeous background - very pretty card, Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this flower stamp. Gorgeous card.

    Stopped by from Make It Monday (my are 242 and 252). Feel free to take a peek :-)

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card, i love poppies! I saw your card on "Make it Monday"!

    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty! I love how you brought the whole card together with all the elements you used! Thanks for playing along with us for this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous creation, love your colors and the image.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely poppy card thank you for becoming a follower on my blog............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Cathryn, sorry I was travelling hence could not visit. I love this classy card. You do make very lovely cards... so balanced and charming are they always.
    Super colouring,
    Love,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card - love the poppy image!
    Thanks for playing at Oldie but a Goodie!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to leave comment. I really appreciate it and look forward to them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...