Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Creating a grid background

 So glad you stopped by to see what I am doing today.
I hope you like what you see and will come back again.

I pulled this card out of my stash and thought maybe some of you that are newer to card making may not know how to do this. We tend to forget that there are always new people starting.

You can use a scoring board or your cutter, if you change the cutting blade to a scoring blade. In a pinch you can just remove the cutting blade and use a credit card to do the scoring if you don't have a scoring blade. I am using my score board today.

I cut a piece of white 4  X  5-1/4 then line up one of the corners at the 6 in mark. BE SURE to run your nail or the score tool down the line so your bottom corner lines up in the correct line. Now starting at the 6 inch mark, score it there, then simply score every 1/2 inch on both sides of it.


Next you will turn it to the very next corner, setting this corner at the 6 inch mark again and scoring there, then every 1/2 inch on both sides again. This is what it will look like.


Now I have done many different things with this background but for this card I just left it as it is.

I cut a strip 1-1/2 inch  X  5-1/4 inch from a piece that I had stamped with a background stamp using Old Olive ink to match the card base of Old Olive.

The small mat is Old Olive cut 2-1/2  X 4 inches and the white is cut 2-1/4  X  3-3/4 inches then stamped with SU Asian Artistry and then I used my SU Ticket punch on the corners.

I hope you like it and will try one for yourself. It makes a clean and simple card.

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to leave comment. I really appreciate it and look forward to them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...