Saturday, July 9, 2011

Elegant Black & White

Hi there. So glad you were able to stop in again to see what I am up to. I do love sharing my ideas with you so please feel free to browse through my older posts too.

I couldn't sleep tonight as I was out for dinner with a couple of ladies and we just had to stop in at Tim Hortons for a coffee on the way home and I forgot to get a decafe so I am really wired on caffeine right now. LOL It did work to my advantage though as I wanted to make a card for Sketch Frenzy Friday and therefore I did manage to get that done. LOL

I decided to do a simple black and white card using my new SU set called Happiness Shared. Here is what I came up with.


This card is sooo simple. I just used the embossing folder called Lattice to emboss the top part that is above the ribbon so I could stamp the sentiment on a flat area. I could have used a butterfly beside the square as they did on the sketch but I thought the long stem rose was different. I stamped it then glued it to the black and cut around it for some shadowing.

I think I like it.... LOL I will look at my site tomorrow morning and see if anyone else does.

Well I think I will be able to sleep now sooo off to bed I go.

Carolyn

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is really elegat! I love the black and white!! Thanks for playing along with us at SFF!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too the black card around the rose is lovely,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so elegant and beautiful! I love the look of black and white! Great job! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to leave comment. I really appreciate it and look forward to them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...